What the heck? I'm 20.

What the heck? I'm 20. Officially the age when people stop remembering your age ("oh she's 20 something..."). Welcome to the adult world. For my birthday we had a little party with the sisters in our zone with pineapple juice, oatmeal chocolate chip cookies I made, sashimi (delicious raw fish with lettuce and rice and a sooo good sauce) that we put bday candles in and soeur brown gave me the prettiest Tahitian flower (je t'aime ma soeur!!)

We also celebrated our member's bday with him, Mataihau and his mom cuz his family was gone so we ate enought for 10 people and sang and talked. So fun and sweet!





We met some awesome people this week! We met a guy named Andy who showed us around his garden to show us all his plants and his beehive for like an hour and that was one of the most Tahitian conversations I've ever had, talking just about plants and flowers and food and dogs and fish and nature. #tahitianpassions
Then a family who I think took the lessons before but the mom did not like us at all until we started talking to her and showed her that we weren't gonna leave because she was being closed off so she opened up and one by one people kept popping up from around corners and we ended up singing for like 10 people and then got invited to come back!
Then a woman named Vaihere and her husband Toma who already took 2 lessons with other missionaries and knows the BOM is true and Joseph Smith is a prophet.
Then some tourists from LEHI, UTAH!!! Lehi East stake, it was weird seeing eyelash extensions and speaking english.

Thanks to Heavenly Father and His Spirit we're finally starting to help some of our amis progress. We were prompted to read about repentance with papi Manuand it FINALLY helped him understand the Atonement! Soeur Faatau and I thought of the same scripture which reaaaallly touched an inactive member. Heavenly Father really really truly does help us and guides us with his Spirit. When we let go of our worries God takes care of us. 

Christ is our light!! Love you all!
Soeur Isaacson

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Home. Tahiti.

Do it for the email... E mea oaoa vau!!

Oh yeah I'm a missionary...