"I don't have bad days, just bad moments" 10 days!!!!!



10 MORE DAYS UNTIL I GO TO TE FITI - I MEAN TAHITI!!!!!!! 

Whose counting down? I'm not counting down whaaaaaaa.......

This week has been hard and amazing and busy and good and all the things. I leave on the 19th and I cannot wait!!!!




We taught a cute old brother that served in Tahiti and I loved it! I might have only known what he was saying because he was acting out half of everything and translating the other half into french BUT that's beside the point! The spirit is DEFINITELY a universal language! I didn't need to understand what he, or my comp or I was saying to understand the the Spirit was present.

We found out Soeur Brown does yoga and is boss. So now she's our cool yoga instructor and we do yoga on a little loft thing above the volleyball courts inside. So if one was to look up at said loft you'd see a yoga samurai doing hand stands and twisting like pretzel cobra and then me doing... not that... and maybe falling on face... twice...

Also Elder Hancock hurt his knee and was really worried about it so we bought him so Cheetos and spent an hour coming up with the dumbest Flamin Hot Cheeto-related puns and wrote them on a card. I'm gonna start a pun-making business. Find me on Shark Tank.

And I'm so boss at volleyball that I hit an elder in the head while serving and hit myself in the face more than once AND single-handedly stopped my team from touching the ball. But I keep things interesting so it's fun. Find my zone at volley Olympics.

Tahitian is sooooo good and sooooo hard! It's sometimes hard to stay motivated, I definitely miss French BUT yesterday I learned that God is giving me Tahitian and letting me struggle through it SO I can learn how to better rely on Him. I realized how much I relied on myself with French and my pride is definitely being beaten to the ground right now but SO many little miracles happened that it ended up being the best day.

I got to teach and be taught a lesson in french this week for class and man I needed that! French definitely feels so much more natural compared to Tahitian. Elder Hatch shared with me Alma 37:6-7 and talked about how I can do all things through God. Earlier this week we were talking about the fishes and loaves story and relating that to our lives. The apostles did have nearly what it took to feed Christ's people, but they gave him what they had and He magnified to more than they could ever imagine. And after He magnified it, He gave the food back to them to give to His people. He does the same thing for us. I know hardly any Tahitian, and God knows that. In fact, that's His plan. If I give Christ my pathetically small amount of Tahitian knowledge, He will make it everything I could ever need to invite His people to find His light.

E mea rohirohi e oaoa au, no te mea e misionare au! Ua here tei au re'o Tahiti e re'o Faarane, e ua ite au e faaora to'u ia Iesu Mesia!  

Have a good week, je vous aime!!!!!
 
Soeur Isaacson

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Home. Tahiti.

Do it for the email... E mea oaoa vau!!

Oh yeah I'm a missionary...