Vincent is baptized and making maa Tahiti
Soeur Dias is gone :( I love her lots and lots, sad to not be with her anymore she was a POWERFUL missionary and we saw miracles together!!!! Bisous ma soeur! Now I'm with soeur Faatau, a Tahitian!!!! I might have been praying for a Tahitian comp so yay :) She's so awesome, soo excited for this transfer!
For p-day last week we had a HUGE cooking day and made maa Tahiti! (traditional Tahitian food) and it was AMAZING!!!!! The member is a cook for really big events so we had 20 missionaries and a bunch of members all together. We made poisson cru, taro, poe (banana, papaya and pumpkin), hipo, puaa stirfry stuff and fafa. Oh my goodness gracious it was sooooooooooooooo heavenly good. Best maa Tahiti I've ever eaten and SO fun to make!!!! We grated coconuts and squeezed the shavings to make coconut milk, cut fish and veggies, cooked the meats, cut poe, fried the hipo, all the fun stuff! Seriously basically a real Tahitian now haha. I ate sooooo much I almost exploded I swear.
We also had a baptism this week!!! Vincent seriously started the lessons already converted. It was the fastest, less stressful lessons I've ever taught cuz he knew that it was all true before we even taught him. He has been so excited and ready for 4 weeks now! He started coming to church with his girlfriend then he started reading the Book of Mormon cuz his friend showed him the app then he came to bishop saying he wanted to get baptized!! So we did the lessons with him and finally he was ready!!! He cried when he got out of the water and gave a touching testimony!!! YAY Vincent!!!!
Normally Papie Manu was gonna get baptized too but that morning the people at his company/ political organization told him he couldn't be baptized so he got scared. Pray for Papie! We're gonna keep working with him :)
Other things I did this week:
-baptisms for the dead with Victorine, our recent convert!
-made firifiris (Nutella filled friend dough/scones) with Patricia an AMAZING member for the baptism
-attended a homecoming for a missionary in Canada, agh so sweet! this ward is like one huge family seriously I love them
-did a zone night to finish the transfer, played a ridiculously funny game about the amour of God
-went to the beach for the first time in 4 months for 2.7 minutes
I have learned so much about how amazing the Spirit is!! He really really really gives us revelation about our lives and things to come and our amis. If we do our best to follow His guidance with exactness it will ALWAYS be worth it!!!! Receiving revelation is enough of a reason to act and speak up, even if it's not logical or there's no physical proof. The Spirit can NEVER lead us astray! Even if we do our best but we don't follow perfectly, God sees that and will protect us and others from our mistakes.
I love the Lord and this country and this gospel and YOU!
Soeur Isaacson










Comments
Post a Comment