Do it for the email... E mea oaoa vau!!

Iaorana!!!!!!!! 

Can I just say I loooooooove Tahitian!!!! 
Fave words: 
haamahanahana (enlighten) 
nehenehe (can/beautiful) 
haamaruuru (to thank) 
faaamu (to feed) 
faahaamana'oraa (reminder) 

it's so weird and hard but I LOVE IT! Absolutely beautiful and fun and genius!


We taught Tahitian members and RMs (TRC) on the SECOND DAY of Tahitian and it was awesome! That would've freaked out my pre-mission self but now I was just excited to get thrown in the deep end right off the bat. We literally just read phrases off our paper (after kind of learning how to pray and the pronunciation of words) and said maitai (good) to everything. It really helped because I'm a lot less scared to teach my teachers and learn Tahitian in general.It's super backwards and like caveman talk but SO beautiful and really humbling and mind blowing. Love learning about other cultures and their ways.

🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃🎃👻👻👻👻🕷🕷🕷🕸🕸🕸 I loved this Halloween! My mom sent me a haunted gingerbread house kit, and my 6 roomies all dressed up as frenchies (black and white stripes and bandana scarves) and then my mom sent all sorts of pumpkin food and others sent candy and we had a party. Happy Halloween my peeps.
 

 

We got another girl in our zone who's from France so she came late to learn Tahitian, so back in a duo. 17 MORE DAYS TILL I'M ON A PLANE!!!! SO SO SO SO PUMPED! Definitely getting too comfortable in the MTC, I love it here so so so much!

I started a thing that lasted for 3 days where me and an elder spread 2 different riddle games and all day on people were coming up to me and saying "wait is THIS how it works" "do it for me" "wait I think I got it"... haha basically famous.

Our last day of French was so sad! We said bye to one of our teachers cuz she doesn't speak Tahitian and we had a mini party and sang songs and I made her a word art saying "aime ton prochain, Jesus t'aime aussi" (love one another as Jesus loves you) cuz she adores children songs. She was amazing! Taught me so much!

The devotional this week was about comps and eternal companions (odd for missionaries but amazing!) The tip they gave was to make 3 columns in the back of your journal saying "what I want" "what I can't live with" and "what I need" and fill in attributes you notice about your comps that relates to your future spouse. They talked about how this can change your perspective about your comp as a way to prepare for marriage. God gives you certain cops to teach you and to help you grow. Just ask if you're struggling "what does God need me to learn from this?"

Ua ite au e o te Atua to tatou Metua it Ao ra e e mau tamarii tatou na'na. O Iesu Mesia te Tamaiti a te Atua. Ua maruururoa vau no Iesu Mesia, te Metua i te Ao ra e te Varua Maitai. E mea oaoa roa vau!!!! 

Je sais que Dieu est notre Père Celeste et nous sommes ses enfants. Jésus-Christ est le Fils de Dieu. Je suis tres reconnaisant pour Christ, Dieu, et le Saint-Esprit. Je suis juste très hereusse!!!!

I know that God is our Heavenly Father and we are His children. Jesus Christ is the Son of God. I'm so thankful for Christ, God, and the Holy Ghost. I'm just so happy!

 


It's crazy that we're so close to Tahiti, pray for my visa to come in time!

Quote of the week: "Little did you know I'm secretly a gymnasticus."

Love you all!!!!

Tuahine Isaacson

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Home. Tahiti.

Oh yeah I'm a missionary...