His representatives pae!

So I have some sad news. After all this time, after all the sweat and dirt and sun that we went through together, my Chacos broke. We left them outside a house for a faatamaaraa... little did we know we weren't the only ones with a dinner appointment that night... *horror violin music* when we came back it was dark and my shoes weren't where I left them and when I put them on my feet they were wet and felt weird so I hurried to the car and turned on the light and yup, my Chacos were the main course for some sneaky dogs. But I think there is hope! With some super glue and denim we're bringing them back! So don't worry, the epic tan line isn't going anywhere...




Aaaaaanyway, we played a lot of "let's go to our amis house and hope they're there for the fifth time" this week. But we did get some really good lessons and our members are so supportive of our amis!!!

Monday we played capture the flag with a bunch of missionaries at the church and had a sport activity Friday night and let me just say that Americans have nothing on Tahitians when it comes to playing sports. Tahitians are BOSS!! Moms who have 8 kids and 14 year old boys and insanely graceful young women and huge Tahitian men all play together and you betta watch out cuz it's pretty intense but so dang fun.

But on Monday my lovely companion decided not to wear shoes on the asphalt and got a huge burn that blistered on the bottom of her feet so she took a couple days off... bon travail ma soeur #blague 

Soeur Faatau has been teaching me Tahitian and I've been teaching her English and has been the funniest thing ever. Throughout the day she'll randomly pull out an English phrase and then she'll laugh cuz she thinks she didn't say it right. Same for me and Tahitian though... pretty sure I've sworn at her several times this week. Sorry bae.

BTW people use the word "pae" as a filler word her (the way we use "like" or "ya know" and for the LONGEST time I thought they were saying bae like the pet name and I was always sooooo confused why these 76 year old papis and total were calling me bae. Thank you Tahitian dictionary for the enlightenment, what a pal.

My new fave scripture is John 13:35! "By this shall man know ye are my disciples, if ye have loved one to another" So many people don't know who has the truth, which missionaries are really the Lord's missionaries, which are really Christ's servants. But the Lord knew that and He left us with a code word, a sign. People will know that we are HIS missionaries, HIS followers in HIS church if we show others HIS love. Not by eloquence or convincing lessons or whatever else. No one can deny it when they feel His love. 

That's all folks! Love y'all!
Soeur Isaacson

 

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do it for the email... E mea oaoa vau!!

"I don't have bad days, just bad moments" 10 days!!!!!

Heel-clicking and Leafi