Too white to weave but very grateful
Still alive everybody? Awesome.
Also soeur Faatau tried to bake some cookies in a microwave.... she wanted to cook the cookie dough I made but didn't want to wait but what she got was a disaster and a bad smelling kitchen.
I found a flower that literally is like someone took 7 hibiscus flowers and glued them together and I have found my one true love.
"To live with gratitude in our hearts is to touch heaven" -President Monson SO true! Always be content and grateful for what you have in life, it is SUCH a blessing to be here , to know our Heavenly Father and to have a Savior to takes care of us. Take a moment to ENJOY LIFE *insert hang loose hand sign*
We had tons of lessons this week and they were awesome! It's so cool often near the end of lessons the people we're teaching tell us "I feel so good when you guys are here!" "this visit made me so happy!" "Every time you two come over I just feel so refreshed!" YAY! It's cuz you're feeling the Spirit people!!! That's always such a good moment, knowing that the Spirit's working with them.
We also met a soeur Faatau's mom's cousin that she has never heard of before so that was fun. Seriously we find people that soeur Faatau is related to almost every day. Here it is completely normal to make an entire conversation about how you and the; are related and who you both know and how they're related to everyone else. Let's just say Once Upon a Time's got nothing on Tahitians when it comes to complicated (sometimes awkward) family trees.
We had tons and tons of fun this week! We did a "language fast" where for an entire day I only spoke (tried at least) to speak Tahitian and soeur Faatau in English (except during lessons or with other people) and I have never laughed so much in one day since I started my mission. Us two trying to communicate in extremely broken phrases and making up words right and left, IO died and I had a headache by the end but it was great.
On Friday we played volleyball with a bunch of youth and young adults and Saturday we had a RS ward activity and we made Tahitian bouquets, basket weaving with dried leaves, sewing and cooking. Me and my friend Victorine made a bought together. That weekend I found out how untalented I am in all the basic Tahitian skills...
Love y'all!
Soeur Isaacson
Comments
Post a Comment