Presque on the presque isle!

Said good bye to my darling Ulunga and the epic Faaa and moved to the countryside today! Gonna miss Faaa tons and tons but I'm excited for the new adventure!

Also I forgot to say but for the baptism last week me and soeur Ulunga were the witnesses!!! It was awesome! We took our vitamins and were jumping on!



Monday we went to a members house named Hawkins (a man but veeerrrry fabulous) and he made me THE CUTEST SKIRT EVER!!! Yellow Tahitian print, I'm in love! He was the sassiest person, let alone man I have ever met but also so so so kind!












Thursday we had a 7 hr CLEANING DAY, as directed by our mission president. We scrubbed every inch of that slightly falling apart, darling, bug infested house. We made a good cleaning squad.













We had so many miracles this last week!!! Our dear ami who we thought wasn't interested wants to get baptized after being taught the restoration, we started teaching 2 kids whose families are inactive, we set a baptism date for the cutest young woman Heiura (who's been wanting to get baptized but she thought you had to be 8 yrs old), and had THE BEST LESSON WITH TIMERI YET!!!

I was worried she'd fall away but this lesson we were going to talk about the word of wisdom but were prompted to talked about baptism again. We shared Mosiah 18:10 and asked her what stopping her from getting baptized. After a conversation full of love and the Spirit she said she was ready to be baptized, she hears the call of the Lord. At the end she thanked us talked about how she knows this is the path God wants her to take. She said "I can see the love of God in you two, what more prove is there?" In that moment I almost cried. Like the scripture "by this shall man know, ye are my disciples, if ye have loved one to another", it's true!!! The best testimony and evidence of the truthfulness of this message is the LOVE OF CHRIST. And that is what kept her on the path. After all the prayers and visits, it's all worth it because she got to better know our God through us.

Sunday I said bye to everyone, and man is this ward inspiring. They are SO unified and loving and motivated to serve for the Lord. Gonna miss them.

Now I'm on the other side of Tahiti in the country side and it is GORGEOUS!!!! I might have said that 27 times on our drive here to my comp. WHICH BTW 1) I'm driving manual... never driven manual... and it's really old... I might've stalled... a few times... lol pray for us> and 2) my comp is SOEUR RUIZ THE SPUNKIEST, MOST LOVING, FUNNIEST, MOST SARCASTIC WITH THE BIGGEST HEART 4ft SOMETHIN FRENCHY IN WILD WILD WEST. We served in the same ward, same house for 3 months and I never thought I'd be her comp but alas hooray!!!!! LOVE HER TO DEATH.

Yep well that's about it. 

Love y'all!
Soeur Isaacson

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Home. Tahiti.

Do it for the email... E mea oaoa vau!!

Oh yeah I'm a missionary...