"Cher Père Celeste, je suis fatiguée..."

I'm not allowed to say who said this but let's just say we're workin hard and the our beds are our friends at night. 

We spent our pday last week in the city buying fabric, getting lunch, walking around, etc. Even as missionaries, elders shop like guys, and sisters shop like girls and it's hilarious to watch.

Wednesday, we changed comps for the day and I was with soeur Homai, a fabulous Tahitian with unbreakable faith! We went to our first lesson, we were both a little tired but as our friend, an inactive member is telling us her story, soeur Homai get quiet. At the end  she asks if she can share an experience and she tells her about some of the trials she's been through AND overcome in life and it was JUST what the member is struggling with and EXACTLY what she needed to hear. Through tears she says, "yesterday I prayed and asked God to give me a sign to let me know that this is the choice He needs me to back, and He just answered my prayer." The Lord planned out EXACTLY what needed to happen to help her. Man, He loves His kids.

On Thursday, we were waaaay up in the mountain trying to visit a mamie we met but she wasn't there and we were about to drive back down and I saw the house of an old potential ami that we thought was avoiding us and I said "why don't we just try there, even though she's never home. We walk up, yell iaorana and her husband walks out and invites us in! Our ami was there AND her 2 kids and they invited us to come back that evening for dinner! They weren't supposed to be home today, they tried to go on vacation but it got cancelled. She was so happy to see us and we talked all about the importance of families and how the gospel can fortify them and she invited us back next week!!! The Lord prepare a way!!
 
On Saturday we dropped off something at the bishops house, and as soeur Ulunga was walking around the car to her door, she saw the TINIEST lizard on the hood and she FLIPPED OUT. She ran to her side, got in the car, and was low key trying not to scream (she's from Tonga remind you, they have lizards). So I got out and tried to catch it but it went on the roof and would go to the opposite side of me. So my dear comp is having a heart attack in the car and I'm running around the car like a crazy person trying to get this dumb lizard off and this guy was on the phone next to us and just says "yeah there's some Mormon missionaries out there, yeah idk what they're doing..." whoops... I hit the lizard off the car, waved to the guy and we headed home for the night.


Also I sat on the beach for the first time since being here in Faaa (5ish months) and it was like going home :) we sang hymns in Tongan and did our studies after church on Sunday.













CONFERENCE IS THIS WEEK!!!! It so cool telling our amis about conference that we're gonna listen to THE Prophet of God! We're all psyched, even though it's at 6am. Y'all have -5 excuses haha. WATCH IT! Come with questions in mind, it's a 8-10 hr sunbath for your soul!

K remember that the Lord loves ya and He wants you to help Him do His work so that you can get the JOY that comes from it! Like the hen that made the bread with her chicks, the Lord just wants you get the blessings!

Soeur Isaacson

 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Home. Tahiti.

Do it for the email... E mea oaoa vau!!

Oh yeah I'm a missionary...