Basically a native... just a little white...
I chopped open a coconut this week! Sr Yezli and I tried on our own for about 5 min until a Tahitian sister came out and showed us how to do it... But I kind of felt really legit. We drank the coconut water with straws than scooped out all the meat and woooooow #fruitofthetreeoflife
Also I accidentally kicked a bird and then it died...
Ok but not like that hahahahaha... I was outside my house at night and my foot hit something while I was walking and ity was a cute little bird that was sick or something then two sisters in our house put it in a box with a towel on the porch (idk why #blesstheirheart) and then the next day it was out of the box and dead on it's back with ants all over... no I did not take a picture #yourewelcome and THEN the sisters PICKED IT UP and put it in a little cookie box and left it on the porch aaaaall day. Mm. That was... fun.
Saturday us 4 sisters for our ward and the ward missionaries invited a ton of amis and inactives to go to the temple and it was awesome! We rented a bus and sat outside and had a lesson and took pics and ate sandwiches and talked a ton. I loved it! One of our inactive friends bore his testimony and was crying through the whole thing and it was seriously POWER. He's trying so hard to come back and that really touched everyone. We had all the people at the temple come to church the next day too! WHOO!!
I have spoken so much English and Tahitian this week. We do an English course so now lots of people want to practice English with us. And every time I speak Tahitian it's like my skin gets 12 shades darker I swear cuz they all think I'm the best Tahitian in the world. I gave a prayer in Tahitian for a faatamaaraa with the members and they all clapped at the end (Irreverent? probably. The Tahitian way? Definitely.) and the only reason someone invited us back to visit with them was because we spoke a little Tahitian with them and ended with a Tahitian prayer. Still not close to fluent but I'm trying!
So I'm a little late but I finished reading the Book of Mormon from President Nelson's challenge!!! That was awesome, I loved it! That was my second time reading the BofM while marking any mention about Christ and let me tell you- TITLES DON'T LIE. This really is another Testimony of Jesus Christ. This is His book and we really really truly get closer to Him when we read it.
I literally do not know where I would be without this book. I have read it consistently almost everyday since I was 16 and even though at first I didn't see the importance I kept going with faith that God knows what's best for me. Now, I am addicted. I have received COUNTLESS answers to prayers and little bits of revelation from reading. I have been given more strength to live my life courageously than I could ever imagine. I have filled with God's love for me over and over again. It really is a drop in a bucket some days but man is that drop worth it. I LOVE THE BOOK OF MORMON with all my heart!
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE read it if you're not already. Read on verse everyday before school or work. Do what you gotta do to get it into your life- it will change your life in ways I can't even explain.
I had a great week, had my fist blessing in french this week cuz I was pretty stressed but man God helps His kids! Love Tahiti with all my heart!!! Have a fabulous week!
Soeur Isaacson






I could read this every day 💜💜
ReplyDelete