This week, on the Matavai B Show
People still tell me I need to get fatter. Thanks mes amis, love ya too.
Wednesday: It has been raining soooo much this week! It sounds like a water fall is on top of our house sometimes. There was one time we went to the beach to study and we lasted maybe 5 minutes before insanely strong winds picked up and it started raining harder than I've ever seen it but we didn't have umbrellas or anything to keep our books safe so we camped out under a pavillion. Then Sr Semerau and Yezli came to our rescue without being asked and brought us umbrellas #myheroes #literalangels
Thursday: Also I got out my hair dryer for the first time to help Sr Yezli dry out a book and after 3 minutes she starts yelling for me so I run in the room and it literally looks like someone stuck a flashlight in the hair dryer the front part was LITERALLY GLOWING YELLOW and smelled really bad and was making some sketch noises sooooo nana hair dryer! Glad you almost exploded on a book and not my hair!!
Friday: We met A LOT of people this week. There was one man named Nestor we met who went to the Tahiti temple open house and he could not stop talking about how amazing it was and how much it filled his heart. He said he walked through the doors and just boom- you can feel the Lord's love.
Oui, mon ami. Welcome to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.
Saturday: One of our amis gave us these boxes of chocolate (so sweet!!) so I was like sweet I'll pass them out to our ward members and missionaries we're meeting with. It wasn't until I passed them out to everyone that Sr Yezli looked at the label and yelled "no don't eat that it's liquor!!" So then I had to run around telling everyone not to eat the chocolates that I, a missionary aka representative of Jesus Christ, gave them because it's against the word of wisdom. Yaaa I got teased for that one.
Sunday: Went to the Tahitian Relief Society not the french one and listened to 12 VERY AGED mamies argue in tahitian for the first 10 minutes of class about what we're supposed to be teaching and I was trying SO hard not to laugh but it was so funny seeing all these cute old mamies in their floral dresses and flowers in their hair holding up Come Follow Me and the Liahona and sternly arguing with each other, while there were 2 mamies next to us who just sat there and smiled and stared at everyone. Gotta love those mamies.
Still see miracles everyday, love my Savior. Scripture of the week: Helaman 10:4-5 substitute your name. This is what I want the Lord to tell me by the end of my mission and at the end of my life!! So in line with His will that I don't do or ask anything in contrary to it.
Also I learned a Tahitian dance and I wear a pareo (long piece of fabric tied around your waist- think swimsuit cover) instead of pj pants and I forget to use forks. Native much?
Soeur Isaacson





Comments
Post a Comment