✔️ Bucket List Item #2

I LOVE TAHITI!!!!!!!! 

The one phrase I have heard the most besides iaorana / bonjour is "mange bien soeur!" (eat well sister!) Seriously everyone feeds us SO much!!! One member was talking to me during dinner and said "you sister missionaries always come here looking so skinny. We gotta feed you so you can come back by end of your mission and be like *puffs out cheeks and makes fat gesture*" so wish me luck.

Spiritual experiences:
  • This week I went to the temple with a recent convert for her to do baptisms and the temple is sooooo pretty!!! Felt like home, such strong spirit!
  • Taught our ami (investigator)'s friends an impromtu rétablissement and one of them was crying and they both accepted for us to come back. Every time we share the first vision the Spirit FILLS THE ROOM. Pre-missionaries- MEMORIZE THE 1ST VISION AND SCRIPTURE MASTERIES NOW. Having them memorized in English has helped me SOOOOO much.
  • God just helps his missionaries so much. I literally walk around and there's druggys and dogs and sketchy things but I never feel in danger because 1) every 7 seconds someone waves and says "hi my sisters!" and 2) the Lord is with us always!!!! I feel so uplifted and strengthened all the time!
Btw (FATHER) the juice here is SSOOOOOOO HEAVENLY. Can't get enough. 

Here's a story for you: 
The leaves are green. 
The mountains are green. 
The bananas are green. 
The missionary is green. 
The sand is black. 
The end.

[inside joke with Krista]


THE SAND IS FREAKING BLACK, PEOPLE!!!!!!!!!! It's always been a dream of mine to see a black sand beach and turns out- basically ALL THE SAND IS BLACK HERE. Top 10 bucket List #2 checked off!!! 


Oh my goodness we went to the beach last week and I almost cried. IT was SOOOOOOO pretty. Seriously paradise. 

Also we literally sing hymns at the end and beginning of almost every lesson cuz Tahitians love their music. Literally makes me so happy.

And I was dozing off in sacrament meeting and this mami walked over to make sure I was ok, she was so concerned and I felt so embarassed but it was so funny. They treat us like princesses here.

You know in movies they'll show people in like shacks and run down houses in the middle of the jungle with naked kids and dogs everywhere but they randomly have a big tv and smart phones and you're like, what? Yeah welcome to Tahiti. I love it.

Anyway, Merry Christmas season, love you all and I love Christ!!!!!!!

Keep your eye focused on Him and you can do anything!

Soeur Isaacson



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Home. Tahiti.

Do it for the email... E mea oaoa vau!!

Oh yeah I'm a missionary...