❄️ Joyeux Noël tout la monde!!!!!
Joyeux Noël tout le monde!!!
God loves His missionaries!!! We started this week with one reference and NOTHING ELSE. No amis, no other references, we knew literally no one, nothing. But, by the end of the week we had 2 people taking the lessons, 5ish potential amis, and A TON of references, inactive members willing to come back, and a ton of people we just met. I was feeling discouraged one day and we prayed to know where to go and both of us had the same thought so we started contacting and met a man who basically knows the church, wants to take the lessons and said "I've thought about getting baptized in your church a lot". He's kind of hit rock bottom and was trying to find where God wants Him to go from here and low and behold God brings His missionaries! Yay! Love this work!
It's still weird that it's Christmas eve and I'm eating mangoes from our mango tree and sweating buckets. But Christmas is really fun here. People try to decorate like America and it's kinda funny but they try so it's cute.
So I'm gonna talk about food again cuz I never talk about food in my emails right?
I ate something called fafaru twice this week and let me just tell you- NEVER EAT FAFARU IN YOUR LIFE. Fafaru is raw fish that they put in a jar of sea water and leave on the porch for any amount of time from an hour to 3 days then you eat it with coconut water. It has the delectable texture of a boiled egg, a very raw chewy fish, and idk maybe really hard leaves that you can't actually chew?? And the exquisite taste of sea water, stinky fish, a dead carcass and a porta-a-potty. So basically, mmmm.... disgusting. But it's basically a ritual to be a real Tahitian so now I'm official.
Also ate octopus and didn't realize until afterward. I was like, what are these little round things stuck to this meat chicken thing? Hm, I'll just eat it and ask later! Yeah that was a tentacle with suction cups. But that was actually really good so yay!
I love Christmas season, perfect time to talk about Christ with everyone!! We finally have 2 amis (people we teach) and I love them! They're both so sweet and excited about learning about the gospel and both so prepared and close to God. One gave us each gorgeous pressed-black pearl necklaces, even though that was the second time every seeing her, so so so sweet!
I love French and Tahiti so much! I'm pretty comfortable with French at this point. Tahitian is hard cuz I don't really use it but I study it every day.
Anyway, this week was really fun. Still gorgeous here if you were wondering. Love Christmas season, we've talked a lot about Letting Christ into your lives, like the inn in the Nativity story. No one had room for Him cuz they didn't realize who He really was. Sometimes we have to let Christ into our lives before we truly comprehend His worth for us. Let Him in!!
Je vous aime! Ua here au ia outou! Joyeux Noël!
Soeur Isaacson

Comments
Post a Comment