Worms, Holy McD's, Scrambled eggs, all the fruit
Hello my people!!
So big news, I'm getting transferred already, even though it's my 3rd week here haha... I'm staying in the same house and it's actually closer to my house. They're changing a bunch of missions so they're white washing my ward and splitting another sector and putting us in one half. So now I'm gonna be in Matavai after Thursday! Kinda sad and sweet but they announced it in our ward on Sunday and afterward everyone was coming up to us sooo distraught because their fatamaraas (member dinner appointments) are scheduled for after we leave but they were all so excited to eat with us. So basically we have members feeding us like 3 times a day this week... good life right here!
This Sunday we went over to a member's house for a fatamaraa (jk still talking about food) super last minute cuz someone cancelled and she said she could feed us. We get over there and I find out that here husband has been in the hospital for a month and won't get out for another 3 so she's all alone with her 18 yr old daughter. She felt so bad cuz all she had to feed us was mangoes, baguettes and sardines #ummyesplz but she talked and talked about her mission and all the miracles she experienced while we cut mangoes then we all shared our fave scriptures and wow. Talked about being spiritual and physically fed.
We have so many little copines (girl friends) in this ward and they're all SOOO cute ugh I can't. We were at one girl's house (and literally I wanna adopt her) and she ran out to the yard and gave us flowers for our hair then look at us and said "wait do you 2 have the same mom cuz you're sisters?" Haha no not that kind of sisters. "oh ok!" then she ran away and came back a minute later with 2 more flowers and said "these are for your mommies!" aaggghhh literally died! So mom, I have a flower for you from my copine, and I took a pic of her with the flowers for you.
Mind blowing spiritual thought from Soeur Fegter (my mom aka trainer) and I think Boyd K. Packer: the whole point of Christ's Atonement is to heal wounds we can't heal, find what was lost, comfort that which we think is inconsolable, and fix things we broke and literally cannot put back together. No matter what we or someone else does, Christ can help us COMPLETELY get rid of it and make us perfect. So, when you help someone heal themselves or their family, when you help find what was lost, and you comfort others even when they seem to be inconsolable, and try to help fix things that are very very broken, you are literally emulating Christ and His greatest gift to us. You are literally representing Christ in your own little way. What better way to become like Him than emulating His Atoning sacrifice?
Ok let's explain my subject.... That's a list of the things I ate this week... Let's start with worms shall we.
-So someone gave our roomies (we live with 4 other sisters one being Soeur Semerau FROM THE MTC!! Love her) corossol which is this huge green spiky fruit with AMAZING white fruit inside that tastes like the fruit from the tree of life I swear. Anyway, we get it all peeled and start eating it but then Soeur Yezli finds a worm in it. Yep little white worm. BUT it was so good that instead of just throwing it away we literally spent half an hour going through the fruit picking out like 20 worms, THEN PROCEEDED TO EAT THE FRUIT cuz ya know, Tahitian missionaries could care less. Then we found more worms in the "worm free" pile so then we threw it away. So probably ate some worms but it's fine... #mmmmmworthit
- next: Holy McDs. We had a fatamaraa planned for last Sunday and they were talking about crab and stuff then 1.5 hours after they said they'd drop it off they drive up with McD's (on a Sunday night mind you) and leave. So we prayed extra hard over it because someone bought that on the Sabbath oops... but it was really good
- seriously how is there so many different kinds of fruit. Literally all the fruit is SOOOOO good. Bananas, pineapples, mangoes, corosol, giant green grapefruit, pakai, papaya, and idevenk what else.
- By the way I hate fish at home but fish here is seriously like a different food completely. Doesn't even taste like fish but I love it! K enough about food, sorry it's inevitable in yo home girl's tahiti.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE THIS WORK!!! I've been working on being more creative in my journal cuz literally everyday all I write is "I love this work!" "I love Tahiti!" "I love being a missionary!" "I love the people!" "I love the Savior!" but it's true! I'm so happy all the time here and I can feel God's love for me and all His children I meet SO strongly!!!!
Love you all and think about and pray for you all always,
Soeur Isaacson
Comments
Post a Comment