"Cinna-prayers and Hydro flask-and-found"
I love how in French instead of using formal language (thee, thou, thy) they use the REALLY informal/ close form of you that you only use for your family and close friends. I love it cuz we know Him and we're familiar with Him!
I saw cousins Drew and Elfie and my friend Caleb Barlow all in the same day!!!!! So good to see their lovely faces.
Story: Tuesday I was sitting next to a gorgeous Puerto Rican sister who was so sad cuz she had her first cinnamon roll at the mtc and wouldn't have one maybe aver again (she's leaving on Monday). Then she said "I'm just gonna pray and ask the Lord for one more cinnamon roll before I leave." She was so sure and I honestly thought it was a little silly to pray for that, so i forgot about it. BUT LOW AND BEHOLD MY PARENTS AND AUNT AND UNCLE SENT ME CINNAMON ROLLS WHICH WERE SOOOOOOOOOOO AMAZINGLY DELECTABLE 3 DAYS BEFORE SHE LEAVES. We saw each other and started freaking out!!!!! I gave her like one and a half and she was in heaven. Basically I was the most popular soeur on the fourth floor that day haha! Taught me a lot about prayers and how much God really just loves us and will care for us in so many ways. We never know where someone else is at or what they need. THANK YOU to mom and dad and Mike and Deanna. Love you all!
Also it's fall and every single day I totally freak out because of how gorgeous the mountains are. They're like RIGHT next to the MTC and I just die from the fall colors and such. HALLOWEEN SEASON!!!
They put up Halloween decor in the mail room and Christmas lights on the trees already, so happy day for the decorations addict.
So I have a problem. So far, I have lost 2 plastic water bottles, a pack of sticky notes, lost and found my hydroflask TWICE (went one week without it rip), a lipstick, a handheld mirror, my plane ticket, 5 pencils. I've forgotten and had to go back to wherever for my credit card, my mish tag (5 times), my ID card (5+ times), my backpack, water bottle, towel and soap. Apparently I'm really good at remembering things #not #blonde #mypoorcompanion
Also my district plays volleyball every day and I've been playing it with them and it's awesome! I've always hated and been scared of volleyball, but I love it here cuz we're not allowed to keep score and there's a variety of skills and since everyone's a missionary no one gets mad or frustrated if you mess up over and over. Most fun and hilarious work outs of my life!!!
We had our first lesson with members on Tuesday and I LOVED IT!!!!!!! We taught them about repentance and how it doesn't always mean just forsaking sin but just growing and changing your goods to better and betters to best to come closer to Christ. We read Hel 3:35 and asked questions and gave simple commitments and taught ALL in le francais. It was AMAZING!!! First time I had truly felt God's power helping me learn the language. I was improving and saying phrases and promises I had never planned or said before but I was impressed upon bu the spirit to start explaining a thought I had to them and my mouth was filled. I was able to come up with the sentence structure on the spot which I had been trying to get better at. What an amazing experience!!! I know God blesses us when we try. Even if we don't know how to act, if we just ACT he will bless out efforts.
I was having a hard time on Sunday, but the evening devotional uplifted me and answered so many of my questions. We talked a lot about Peter and how he made a lot of mistakes, and yet he was Christ's closest friend and called "the rock of the church." This hit me really hard. Peter might be the one person in all the scriptures that has the most documented mistakes and criticisms from Christ, yet he was made so much more through Christ. We don't have to be perfect (or even close to that) to be God's chosen servants. Christ chastens those who he loves. The more we devote ourselves to Him, the more we are strong enough to make mistakes and change. Much is given, so much is required. Christ knows me and he knows that I'm close enough to Him to be chastened by Him.
I love speaking french, it is just so beautiful and fun. It fills me up. It's scary and hard sometimes and it takes a lot of studying but SO worth it. We sing and pray in french every class and ugh. It's just so amazing I can't.
I CAN'T WAIT FOR CONFERENCE IT'S GONNA BE SO SO SO AMZING.
MTC+CONFERENCE=SPIRIT OVERLOAD
I go to choir practice twice a week and I love love love that. Brother Egoot is the director (and has been for forever) and he's basically like the musical version of John Bytheway. Singing beings me so much peace and joy.
I love Moroni 7:48 and Hel 3:35. There's a lot of depth in them that I've never noticed before.
Moroni 7:48-- we're all given the spiritual gift of loving the way Christ loves.
Hel 3:35-- think of it as a method of repentance. Repenting can mean changing better to best.
Love you all and think of you always!!!
SENT A FEW MINUTES LATER:
Oh and it's funny cuz the elders are so funny and have the best humor. We all tease each other (in a good way) and it just makes me happy cuz it feels like home haha. I love that making fun of people and being made fun of feels like home.... I was really excited one time when I was telling a story and I was out of breath so I literally had to like stop and say "hold on I'm out of breath" and every one started dying so now every time I talk and stubble or pause they all say "just breath soeur Isaacson!" and it's just really funny. Elder Hatch is 20 and reminds me of Caleb just he makes fun of me and calls me out on funny things I do so we tease each other a lot (not flirting there's a difference...).
And I saw Caleb Barlow and it was awesome! Also my zone cracks down on sister/elder relationships like you can be alone with or sandwiched by elders in a pic or at a table or walking or anything. If anyone breaks this we all yell "trois trois! (three three cuz pg 33 in the handbook is where it talks about that) and make "ok" signs around our eyes toward them (weird but funny)." So I ran up to Drew and gave him like 12 hugs and talked and got a picture. When I walked back to my table all the guys were troi-trois-ing me and I died! So tell Mike [her uncle and Drew's dad] my district didn't know we were cousins and it worked haha!
I'm out for this week, LOVE YOU LOVE YOU LOVE YOU LOVE YOU LOVE YOU LOVE YOU SOOOOOO much!!!!
Mom I'll be thinking of you during women's session, see ya!!
Soeur Isaacson

Comments
Post a Comment