"It's ya boi - HALFWAY AND I'M IN A TRIO!"

First off, I got another companion this week!!!!! She came in 6 weeks before me but had to leave for medical reasons and just got back so now I'm in a trio with Soeur Valle and Lunt! Literally love them to death. We kill the lessons and help each other with French and they help me not forget things and be on time and it's great.

  

So many missionaries in my zone are ski/boarders so we're always fan-girling about the now in the mountains and crying over how much we miss our mountains. Most of them are elders so it's a fun sight.

S/O to dad for living another year without braking a hip or eating milk toast!!!! Hope your 32nd bday was amazing!

Cool experience- Sr Lunt and I were planning a lesson for our teacher and trying to plan it on one topic and it was so frustrating and nothing was working. So we left and prayed about it and talked and had a prompting to teach something else. We prayed again and asked God to confirm our decision if it was right and we Sr Lunt got such a string confirmation that this was the topic we needed to teach. I didn't feel really one way or the other but I trusted her and the Lord so we went for it. Planning went a lot more smoothly and it ended up being a topic he's been studying and trying to find answers to. This keeps happening. When planning lessons, we RARELY get a huge confirmation or exact answers on what to teach or how to teach it but almost every single lesson has been in part perfect for their needs and our needs and the Spirit is always so strong. 

We watched a devo by Bednar who talks about this. He says that we need to not get caught up on not being able to act or make choices just because we don't have it all laid out for us by the Spirit. There will be lots of times in missions and in life where we won't really "feel the Spirit" but that never means we're not being "prompted" by Him. "As long as we're trying to be good girls and good boys, honoring our covenants and keeping the commandments" the Lord will send His Spirit and will guide us and direct us everyday, most of the time without us ever realizing it.

I've started reading the BofM cover to cover and marking everything about Faith in Jesus Christ and it's AMAZING. There are so many mentions about faith that we usually read over but there's so much power in having faith. Nephi refers to himself and his dad as being Faithful, and receiving blessings because of their faithfulness. But what does that mean? So far I think it means:
1) acting through trust in God and always obeying Him, even and especially when we don't know the outcome, 
2) relying solely on Him and His gospel and being loyal to Him (the same way one is faithful to a spouse) 
3) incorporating these so much into one's life that it becomes a part of who you are. It becomes on of your attributes. 
Love the BofM.

Also found out that Tahiti missionaries are the ONLY missionaries that learn two languages in the MTC. There are others who learn more out in the field, but not here. So that's cool. 8 more days until Tahitian! And I'm at my HALFWAY POINT!!!!!!!! I leave November 19 and I'm pumped!!!!!!!!!!

Also mama, we had an entire lunch talking about our mom's and how amazing they are and how much we love our mothers, so thanks for letting me brag about you!

LESSON FROM THE ELDERS IN RESIDENCE HALL 2: DO NOT LEAVE A VACUUM PLUGGED IN FOR AN HOUR IN FRONT OF SOMEONE'S DOOR AS A PRANK BECAUSE IT WILL START TO BURN AND SOMEONE WILL UNPLUG IT AND STICK IT IN THE CLOSET WHERE IT WILL CATCH FIRE AND SPREAD SMOKE TO ALL OTHER FLOORS AND MAKE EVERYONE EVACUATE AT 1AM AND CALL THE FIRE STATION AND HALF THE ELDERS WILL HALF TO SLEEP IN THE GYM. THE END.

We talk our first actual French person and it was AWESOME! It was a Skype lesson so nerve racking but amazing!

I got a migraine today during the temple but I'm all good now thanks to Noah my best little buddy and his tips!!!!! Love him.

I love my district, we make fun of Elder Hancock's British accent everyday, and he makes fun of our American accents too so it's good. We talk the Plan of Salvation for the fist time ever in English and then in French to an elder in our district and it went great! It's amazing how much we've learned in such a short time! 

 

Also s/o to Addie Gregory, you're in one of the Sunday night devotionals they show here, it was by Elder Holland and you're in a closeup shot of the audience and you're adorable.

And s/o to Elder Morrison who whispers to himself "it's ya boi" everytime he hits the volleyball in beach volley #imdead. AAAND s/o to my district for messing up at volleyball with me and teach me how to not die when I play. Yo girl is gonna be pro.

Love you all so very much, I love the weather right now and I love being a missionary and being able to talk about my savior ALL DAY LONG in the best language known to man. 

Soeur Isaacson

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Home. Tahiti.

Do it for the email... E mea oaoa vau!!

Oh yeah I'm a missionary...