Burnt cookies, Croc shiner, Tahitian handshakes, rrrrrrrrrr
Bonjour mes amis!!!!!
What an amazing week, last week of learning French!!!!!!!!! 3 weeks left, 3 more emails from the MTC then I'm out and in the real world! I love being a missionary!!! We've taught lessons to our teachers almost everyday this week and I love it! Love being in a trio, love the fake suspicious food, love Fall, just ALL THE FREAKING LOVE.
Random thoughts:
I've been trying to roll my Rs since I got my call in May and the other day I FINALLY DID IT!!!!!! Might have freaked out a wee bit...
We labeled everything in our classroom in french on sticky notes, including soeur Winder. français toujours!
We learned a handshake that apparently all the Tahitian kids do, see video #basicallyultimategoals
I never know how to end lessons and I ALWAYS wanna say 'That's all folks!'... I have yet to build up the nerve.
When teaching a lesson to a pretend ami (person we teach) don't ask them if they love MY family instead of THEIR family cuz it'll make you question everything you've ever known for about 5.7 seconds.
ALSO don't say cross your 'arms' instead of 'bras' (french word for arms) in said lesson cuz arms means guns.
Some fun stories:
1) soeur Semerau (aka Samurai) wet the bed (aka forgot to screw on her water bottle lid so it leaked ALL over her bed so we took off all her sheets and made a fort while it dried)
2) someone in the elders wrapped a cookie in napkins and put it in the microwave for 5 minutes then walked away. We didn't believe our elders when they said there were smoke everywhere and flames in the microwave until we walked up to them and they smelled like burned cookies...
3) Soeur Lunt and soeur Ruegner (in my zone) were teasing each other on the bunk bed and next thing you know the top bunk popped off and Ruegner fell off and almost killed soeur Lunt on the bottom... best part- soeur Valle sat 2 feet away eating her Chex mix the whole time while the rest of us helped save soeur Lunt's life. Comp goals.
4) my roomie loves Crocs. She loves Crocs SO much that she bought Crocs shoe shiner for them and spent a good 10 minutes shining her Crocs (as I advised her and intently watched her skill... obviously) #wishiwasthatcool #getonherlevel
5) Elder Morrison says bon soir (good evening) regardless of the time of day #youhadtobethere
6) My teacher Frere Pruett is literally a living vine and makes this when we speak english (see pic)
Elder Soares and his wife came to the MTC devotional this week and spoke and it was amazing!!!! Sister Soares talked about deepening our conversion and challenged everyone to pray and ask where we're lacking and where we can grow. Elder Soares talked about how blessed we are to be on missions. He said "Jesus Christ called you- BE HAPPY. Enjoy this time, it's a short period of time." He congratulated us for making it and being the only people (besides the quorum of the twelve) that are literally set apart as Christ's representatives. I'm so blessed to have this opportunity to be serving God and sharing his gospel. I thank him everyday for this ability. IT IS SO WORTH IT! If you're thinking about going on a mission PLEASE do whatever you can to serve one, I am growing and learning and being blessed more than I ever thought possible!
J'adore mon Sauveur et je sais que il est mon frère et ami. Notre Père Céleste nous aime beaucoup! Je sais que si nous nous repentons et prions chaque jour, nous pouvons recevoir la joie et la paix. J'adore cette Evangile!
That's all folks!
Soeur Isaacson
Comments
Post a Comment