Never try to share- always goes wrong

We had a huge service project this week for an old couple in another sector. They have this huge piece of land that I swear has NEVER been cleared out. It was waste high with plants so we went over there with machetes and sickle things and started hacking away.. The problem was that the plants weren't one layer deep, but I swear there was no actual dirt- just thousands of layers of old plants. But aside from a couple wasp stings, blisters and a really sore back, no one got injured and we had so much fun! I have never sweated so much in my life!!! Literally didn't have any sweat marks cuz my whole shirt was wet... gross. but again super super fun and the mamie was so cute.

We also had a lesson with an inactive member who we weren't sure if he really wanted to come back but this week he said that after he started falling away no one came and saw him and it stayed like that for a looong time and he wondered if God forgot about him then one day we just show up (got his name from the neighbors) and he said it was a huge answer to his prayers and that it showed him that God still loves him. Bah oui He loves you! Yay answers to prayers!

We helped set up a family night at the church for the other sisters in our ward and we brought some cookies we made and we brought some uru fries to share that some members gave us that we were always too full or busy to eat (even though they're really good) and we said "they won't come, they live way far away in our sector we'll just bring these they'll never know..." psych! Guess who the first family to show up was? Bingo! I have never seen Soeur Anderson speed walk so fast yet casually to hide those fries. Then yes that night we ate as many as we could that night. Sorry members...

Yesterday we went to a fireside in a different ward's church 20 min away on bikes and we were biking home at night and wow. The ocean crashing on the rocky coast on the right, jungly mountains on the left suuuper bright stars all over. Man I love it here. Might have to kidnap me to come back to the states désolé.  

Keep being the amazing humans you are! Byeeeee!

Soeur Isaacson

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Home. Tahiti.

Do it for the email... E mea oaoa vau!!

Oh yeah I'm a missionary...