Catch me in BORA BORA baby!


So... I got transferred... TO THE ONE AND ONLY BORA BORA!!!!!!!!!!!! I literally thought it was a joke when they called us cuz Bora has been closed for almost a year and it's been years since sisters have been there but Soeur Kehl with soeur Chin Ay You and soeur Rammach with me are going to open BORA BORA. WWAAAAAAAHHHOOOOOOOO!!!!! Taking the plane tonight!!!! And also it's my last transfer so I'm finishing my mission there!!!

Aaaaanyway, said bye to the wonderful Papeari this week. We taught the cutest mami this week named Henriette who is not always conscious but her daughter who is a member wanted to try the lessons. She speaks hardly any French so we did it all in Tahitian next to her bed. The first lesson we just talked about Christ since she's Catholic. She was in and out and had a hard time understanding but at the end I just said, "mami, ua here Iesu ia oe" (mami, Jesus loves you) and she just stopped and a little smile spread across her face and her face lit up a little and she just said "merci" in french and that was the sweetest moment ever.

Then the next time we came we decided to teach the restoration but we were worried that she wouldn't be able to understand. We watch the JS video and her daughter translated and at the end we explained and asked what she thought and she just said "e, parau mau te reira, te e'a mau o Iesu Mesia; (Yes, it's true, this is the true path to Jesus Christ) and we were all sooooo happy!!!! Love that mami :)

We said bye to the couple getting baptized with their son, so sad to leave them! Love them lots.

Also we went to a mini girls camp for a little bit. Darling!! 

So happy to be a missionary people, I can't believe I have 6 weeks left WHAT. Gotta make it count, missions are beautiful. I'm so grateful.

Love y'all

soeur Isaacson


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I'm Home. Tahiti.

Do it for the email... E mea oaoa vau!!

Oh yeah I'm a missionary...