Catholic prayers in Sunday School
Ua here au outou! I totally sewed a scrunchie this week- yes I am that awesome and that millennial.
Anyway, had a great week! Went to the temple again this week and thoroughly enjoyed the carpet. Ugh I loooove the temple. It's such a bright happy place away from all the worldly troubles. Love just sitting in the celestial room enjoying the peaceful feelings.
Got a little sick this week but thanks to my mom-like companion I actually took care of myself and slept and now I'm healed! President was so proud of me cuz no one actually takes a break when they're sick then they get worse. Yay wisdom!
Also just so y'all know I found a Tahitian mamie who I'm pretty sure would adopt us if we asked. She said like 12 times that we're her new grandkids and she's our gma and to tell my parents about her. So voila. But she always gives us basil as we're leaving because it chases away demons. Thanks for watching out for us and the demons mamie.
For Sunday school we have a class just for the amis and this Sunday we were discussing the Lord's Prayer (that Christ says in the sermon on the mount and the Catholics say it as one of their memorized prayers) and we taught them all how to pray and right after we asked an ami to say the closing prayer (who has said a prayer the right way MANY TIMES) and he literally gave the Lord's prayer and ALL the amis started chanting it together while us and all the members were sitting there so shook and confused with no clue what to do. Oh man quelle échec. I was trying so hard not to laugh... yikes.
So family home evenings are kind of... amazing. We had one with a member family with their nonmember family friends and we gave each of them a B of M and they all were so excited and happy and then they came to church for the first time!! Ugh so good.
Anyway, love this work, even though sometimes it's hard. It's so very possible and enjoyable with the Lord. So happy to be so focused on the Lord every day.
Have a good week everyone!
Soeur Isaacson
Comments
Post a Comment